- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points above with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
- This policy applies to any users of Movements UK’s services anywhere in the world, including any users of Movements UK’s apps, websites, features or other services.
- This policy applies to any users of the services of Movements UK or its affiliates anywhere in the world, and to anyone else who contacts Movements UK or otherwise submits information to Movements UK, unless noted below. This includes those who use Movements UK or its affiliates' services to:
- Request or receive transportation (passengers)
- Provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies (driver partners)
- Request deliveries of food or other items (delivery recipients)
- Provide delivery services (delivery partners)
Movements UK provides services to users throughout the UK.
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Movements UK collects:
- Information that you provide to Movements UK, such as when you create your Movements UK account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as Movements UK partners.
Movements UK collects the following categories of information:
Information you provide
This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your Movements UK account, which depending on your location and the Movements UK services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, birth date, and photo
- Submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for driver partners)
- Consent to a background check (for driver partners where permitted by law)
- Request services through a Movements UK app or website
- Contact Movements UK, including for customer support
- Contact other Movements UK users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by Movements UK or on behalf of Movements UK
- Enable features that require Movements UK's access to your address book or calendar
Information created when you use our services
- Location Information
Depending on the Movements UK services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, Movements UK may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, Movements UK collects location information when the Movements UK app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a passenger, Movements UK may collect location information when the Movements UK app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Movements UK may also collect this information when the Movements UK app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- passengers and delivery recipients may use the Movements UK app without enabling Movements UK to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Movements UK app. For example, if you do not enable Movements UK to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver partner during your trip, even if you have not enabled Movements UK to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage and Preference Information
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information
When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and text messages
We enable users to call or text each other through the Movements UK apps. For example, in some countries, we enable driver partners and passengers, and delivery partners and recipients, to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers. To provide this service, Movements UK receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. Movements UK may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address book and calendar information
If you permit the Movements UK app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the Movements UK app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
Information from other sources
These may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as ratings or compliments
- Movements UK business partners through which you create or access your Movements UK account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Movements UK's APIs or whose API Movements UK uses
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
- Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver partner who uses our services through an account associated with such a company)
- The owner of a Movements UK for Business or Movements UK Family profile that you use
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
Movements UK may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
MovementsUK use dashcam technology to protect our drivers and passengers as they travel across the busy UK road network. We also use Dashcams as a tool to enhance driver standards and to improve the overall passenger experience. Dashcam footage is taken in real time and primarily focused on the road ahead. A small inward-facing lens also monitors the drivers head movements to ensure their eyes remain focused on the road ahead. In monitoring the driver there may be occasions when imaging includes the person sitting directly behind the driver. Any footage taken is video only and not audio.
How We Use Your Information
Movements UK collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Movements UK does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Movements UK uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features
Movements UK uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver partner, refer a friend to Movements UK, split fares, or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalize your Movements UK account, such as creating bookmarks for your favourite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from driver partners' devices to identify unsafe driving behaviour such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration and to raise awareness among driver partners regarding such behaviours.
Movements UK uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Communications among users
Movements UK uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver partner may text or call a passenger to confirm a pickup location, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
Communications from Movements UK
Movements UK may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Movements UK may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Movements UK's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Movements UK may share the information we collect:
With other users
- For example, if you are a passenger, we may share your first name, average passenger rating given by driver partners, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with driver partners.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, we may share information with your passenger(s) including your name and photo; your vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; your location; your average rating provided by passengers; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past passengers have submitted about you. The passenger/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, a map of the route you took, and other transaction details.
At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- Movements UK business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Movements UK may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Movements UK may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as Movements UK blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
With the owner of Movements UK accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A passenger using your employer's Movements UK for Business Account
- A driver partner using an account owned by a partner transportation company
- A passenger who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Account
With Movements UK subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Movements UK may process or store information in the UK on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
With Movements UK service providers and business partners
Movements UK may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, Movements UK may provide information to such parties to help facilitate insurance coverage, to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our services.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Movements UK may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Movements UK's rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person's credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
Movements UK may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention and Deletion
Movements UK retains your information while your account remains active unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, Movements UK deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Movements UK may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- Movements UK may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Movements UK shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents, Movements UK may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Movements UK account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
Movements UK provides means for you to see and control the information that Movements UK collects, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- In-app rating pages
- Marketing opt-outs
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Movements UK app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Movements UK app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every trip, driver partners and passengers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the trip went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behaviour. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both driver partners and passengers. Your passenger rating is available in the main menu of the Movements UK passenger app. Your driver partner rating is available on the Rating tab of the Movements UK Partner app.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Movements UK's apps. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the Movements UK apps. You may also request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting Movements UK.
You may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Movements UK by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Movements UK apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.